Our preschoolers participate in a variety of activities that foster the development of pre-academic skills requisite to their transition into Prekindergarten. Teachers plan a balanced day between movement, music, art, and circle time to enhance emerging skills across all developmental domains: Cognition, Language, Gross Motor, Fine Motor, Social-Emotional and Self-Care.
Brighter Babies follows the Creative Curriculum®, a play-based, thematic curriculum that focuses on children’s discovery. The curriculum nurtures learning through teacher-initiated and child-directed activities centered around monthly/bimonthly studies. Examples of studies include: children around the world, zoo animals, clothing and trees. These studies provide a variety of learning experiences and are venues for furthering development as we follow the children’s questions and interests. The classrooms are also set up with exploratory learning centers, such as dramatic play, library, blocks and manipulatives, to promote pre-academic skill development, as well as support independent exploration and sharing with their friends.
Activities for our Preschoolers include:
- Gross Motor Development: gym mats, indoor climbers, parachute, outdoor playtime encouraging climbing, slides, ride on toys
- Fine Motor Development: introduction to smaller blocks, more complex puzzles, pegs, coloring with crayons, chalk
- Language Stimulation: circle time routines, familiar children’s songs, introduction to simple games, turn-taking with friends
- Cognitive Development: sorting objects by color, sorting objects by shape, introduction to categories, beginning letter and number recognition
- Sensory Play: sand table, water play, painting, play-doh, cooking activities, more elaborate art projects